Ask yourself these questions and do not just guess on the answers, but really dig to find the accurate truth of these answers.
- How many first-time visitors attended service and filled out a visitor card within the last year?
- Out of the first-time visitors, how many first-time visitors came back a second time?
- How many came back a third time?
- How many of those visitors continued to come, attended membership class and became a member?
- How many have attended membership class, became a member, and has not been back since the membership class?
- How many have become a member, came for a little while after class, but you haven’t seen them in more than one month’s time?
- How many have not become a member but still attend church?
- How many have attended the altar for a prayer of repentance?
- How many were baptized in Jesus’ name?
- How many received the Baptism Of The Holy Ghost?
- How many that were born again of water and Spirit are still coming to church?
- How many total members do you have right now?
- How many total members do you want to have within one year from now?
- What are you actively doing to retain your first-time visitor who will be coming in tomorrow?
- What are you doing to retain the visitor who came to service a few times and is no longer coming?
What does this scripture say to you?
Luke 15:4-5 (New King James Version)
“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.